Monday, August 14, 2006

the past...

Looking at my last post, thinking more about my past.

The memories distill down to core concepts. And over time memories morph and change, it's part of the distillation of the experiences that become lessons. Defining.

As much as things change it all repeats. Perhaps looking to the past to see the future, I should know the future won't change me. It changes the environment and the world that circles around me - but who I am and what happens to me just repeats. It's the same. How do I do this, by nature.

As I sit in the room, looking and listening. I see these people. Am I even here, mentally. I think I distance myself to protect my emotions.

His childish stare, and sour expressions. Do I call him on it. No. It's too political, forget it.

People who behind the darkness promise support turn to mediators and carefully craft the situation. Not what I expected. My neck on the line. My words. No one else had the courage. Can make the change.

Negative, positive. Complain. Please just continue to complain - people can't do anything else at times. I have no respect.

People don't want solutions if it means they lose. People can't be that objective. How am I protected? What do I get? Who can we blame? That's what they care about.

Today at the table, I see the issues we deal with as a nation play out in a corporate political struggle. Missiles ready to fire. But no one dares because you can't go back.

Diplomacy, as both sides claim victory in the middle east. Both sides claim victory across the table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home