Saturday, October 01, 2005

Perfect timing


I was just driving, the route I always go. I never saw her before. Never.

She stood in the middle of the yard just looking forward. Looking at no one, at nothing. Her silver gray hair, black attire, and blank stare. She summed up how I felt. The weeds grew around her, but the whole time she never moved. I was amazed. She was alone, dark, in desolation. Not looking forward to anything. Just standing as the cars rushed by.



Huddled between a bunch of boxes was a boy. He wanted to be lost and so did I. Something was upsetting him and I wondered if his parents knew or cared where he was. He needed attention. He was hiding for a reason. That was me once and still is. It was just a second, a quick walk by and a glance.

2 Comments:

Blogger happykat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:18 PM  
Blogger happykat said...

Are these your drawings?
They speak to me.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home